Much of the Pennsylvania land John Nicholson and Robert Morris put into the North American Land Company (N.A.L.C.) came from land given to Revolutionary War Veterans. In 1780, a year before the war ended, the Pennsylvania General Assembly approved a plan to pay soldiers with land for the amount of money they had lost through depreciation in the value of currency. A second plan called for donating land to veterans of the Pennsylvania brigades that fought in the war to encourage their future enlistment in the Continental Army.
NOTE: Some of the land outlined below may have gone into other Morris land ventures.